Starting at £25k pa // Level 1.2
ASquared is a digital product agency in the heart of Brighton. We’re an agile team of creators, innovators and collaborators creating impactful digital products and services with startups, scaleups and enterprise organisations. We foster a collaborative and inclusive culture where creativity thrives, and every team member has a voice.
We’re looking for a Junior Designer to join our thriving team in the centre of Brighton. You’ll work on a range of projects, products and services that will help hone your skills as a growing designer, and let your enthusiasm and creativity prosper.
We’re always looking for fresh thinking and diverse, growth mindsets and we’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We aim to inspire and support our talents and clients through open, honest discussions and clear actions.
This is a hybrid role (Tuesdays & Fridays in the Brighton office).
Applicants must be located in and eligible to work in the UK. We can’t currently support or sponsor visa applications.
What you’ll bring
- You’re interested in translating complex requirements into modern, accessible and delightful experiences for users
- You have experience in the collaborative product design process, ranging from ideation and divergent thinking, research, capturing feedback or visual/UI design
- You understand and advocate for a user-centred approach to design, and always seek ways to bring that to the fore
- You understand the importance of interaction design, and have used prototyping to explore approaches and ideas
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting cross-functional design and dev teams to craft new experiences for clients in a myriad of sectors
- Supporting workshops (remote or face-to-face), user research activities, competitive analysis or similar to achieve project success
- Working within and supporting cross-functional teams using an Agile development process to bring ideas to life
- Assisting in process of speaking directly to users through moderated user testing or interviews to champion user needs and a human-centred mindset
- Helping to produce wireframes, concepts & prototypes to gain buy-in from clients and communicate ideas and approaches
What you’ll need
- 1-2 years of professional design experience
- A growth mindset, a self-starter and good communication skills
- A growing portfolio that defines your approach and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in either typography, desktop/mobile UI, colour, layout, iconography, qualitative research or quantitative research and optimisation
- Familiarity with the agile scrum experience, working in sprints, with backlogs and feature sets and use of project tracking tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Digital agency experience
- Experience planning, moderating or facilitating usability testing & interviews
- Experience or familiarity with design system and a modular design process
- A basic understanding of front-end, back-end and the software development life cycle (HTML, CSS, JS)
What’s in it for you?
At ASquared, you’ll have the opportunity to work at an incredible, ambitious and humble agency and join an inspiring team. We offer a competitive salary, training, benefits and other well-being perks including 25 days' holiday and much more.
We pride ourselves on a values-led working environment that encourages putting people first with honesty, curiosity and supported by leadership.
Plus you’ll work towards a design-focussed career development framework, meaning you can grow and shape your career with us as you take on new challenges and directions.
We don’t live to work, we work to live. Achieving a good work-life balance is a core company belief. You’ll experience this through our flexible working options (e.g. core hours, hybrid) at our offices in Platf9rm AND our Digital Nomad perk. This allows you to take a change of scenery and work from ANYWHERE in the world for up to a month each year. There are terms to ensure it's safe, practical and legal, but life's for living, so join us and get your imagination out there!
We are a Dog-Friendly Office, so if you come into the office, please bring your pooch for a visit.
- We do really care about our team’s well-being, so we give everyone a wellness allowance of £20 per month to spend on things that will improve their wellness like fitness classes, meditation apps and more.
- Access to Counselling with Spill - our virtual mental health provider
- Flexible hybrid working - We’re not a 9-5. No one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work.
- Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- Holiday allowance that increases over time
- Extra Day off for your Birthday
- Christmas Shutdown (to be booked using holiday entitlement)
- Digital Nomad (work anywhere in the world for up to a month a year - subject to restrictions in other countries)
- Enhanced Digital Nomad policy after 3 years of service: Up to £2k for costs directly incurred as a result of working as a Digital Nomad, towards additional or further travel costs (flights, accommodation, car hire, mobile phone usage)
- Employee Referral scheme (refer someone to work with us and you'll be eligible for a £1k referral bonus - subject to conditions)
- GCI (Green Commute Initiative) Bike Scheme
- Professional Development including up to 4 hours per week of paid volunteering with the Matchable volunteering service (prorated for part-timers)
- Monthly Social Events: company lunches, social nights/day events, escape rooms, bowling etc...
- PLATF9RM Membership Perks
ASquared is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. ASquared believes that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our success as a company and is an asset to the communities we serve.
Starting from £25k basic salary (DOE) plus Profit Share based on lead referrals and project delivery.