🏢 The Company
ASquared is a mobile app, web and digital platform specialist. We pioneer rapid innovation of sustainable, human-centric, digital futures for our partners, people and the planet.
You’ll join an open environment where you’ll have the chance to work across a truly great piece of business. You will own the day to day, ensure great work happens, always organised, always proactive, always bringing positive energy, always hungry to add value strategically and creatively and always with a resilient can-do attitude.
We adopt a lean, agile and commercially focused discovery, design and development method to help us deliver stunning React web and React Native mobile applications.
📶 The role
We are looking for a Product Designer (Digital) to come and create amazing experiences for a growing and diverse roster of clients, ranging from new start-ups to established corporations.
Each of our clients has an interesting challenge that can be solved through that wonderful mixture of user-centred design, cutting-edge technology and modern software development methodologies, and we’re looking for a product designer who wants to take that next step in their design career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly-growing agency in the heart of Brighton. At ASquared you’ll get to work with an energetic and enthusiastic team where your creative mindset can hit new heights. You’ll achieve personal and professional objectives through the use of a professional development framework, plus benefit from a bunch of perks including profit share and a wellbeing allowance.
👀 What you’ll bring
- You might focus on mobile app design for both iOS and Android, but you’re no stranger to web & digital
- You have a trusted human-centred product design process that spans ideation and divergent thinking through to top-notch product design and incorporation of user feedback
- You’re happy talking through your design work with colleagues and clients alike, skipping the jargon and focusing on user needs
- You love translating complex requirements into modern, accessible and delightful experiences for end users
- You’re used to working in multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams of design, engineering and project management
- You love working on complex and challenging client briefs using a fast-paced agile approach
📲 What you’ll be doing
- Conceptualising, crafting and designing new products and experiences for clients in sectors including (but not limited to) health, well-being, FinTech and HR
- Producing prototypes and concepts to gain buy-in from clients, having understood their requirements and applying a user-centred approach to your work
- Owning the interaction design, visual and user interface design of your projects, liaising with and presenting back to clients in playbacks and demos to create industry-leading experiences across mobile and web
- Working within cross-functional teams using an Agile development process
- 3+ years of product design experience
- A strong portfolio that defines your approach, craft and problem-solving skills
- Experience designing native mobile apps (iOS & Android)
- A demonstrable, human-centred product design process that includes conception and sketching, prototyping, interaction design, visual design and user interface design
- Excellent communication skills, where you can ‘keep it simple’ and make complicated details and problems understandable to a non-technical audience
- An ability to translate requirements into modern, accessible and delightful experiences for end users
- Experience working within multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Experience working in Figma or Sketch, and Adobe Suite
😎 The nice-to-haves
- Digital agency experience
- Confident when presenting to clients during demos and playbacks
- Planning, moderating or facilitating usability testing & interviews
- Familiarity or experience with UX writing
- Experience creating or iterating on brand languages
- Experience or familiarity with design system and a modular design process
- Experience with React (Web or Native)
🏠 Our office and remote working
This role is remote-friendly, within a 175-mile radius of Brighton.
“We don’t live to work, we work to live” - achieving a good work-life balance is a core company belief. You’ll experience this through our flexible working options (e.g. remote, core hours, hybrid) at our offices in Platf9rm AND our Digital Nomad perk which allows you to take a change of scenery and work from ANYWHERE in the world for up to a month each year.
There's terms to ensure it's safe, practical and legal, but nonetheless, life's for living, so join us and get your imagination out there!
💁 What’s in it for you?
At ASquared, you’ll have the opportunity to work at an incredible agency, join an inspiring team whilst getting to grow and shape your career with us. We offer a competitive salary and uncapped profit share based on lead referrals and project delivery, training, benefits and wellbeing perks too.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
- We are a Dog Friendly Office, so if you come into the office, please bring your pooch for a visit
- We do really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every month to spend on things that will improve their wellness like fitness classes, meditation apps and more.
- Holiday allowance that increases over time
- Extra Day off for your Birthday
- Christmas Shutdown (to be booked using holiday entitlement)
- Digital Nomad (work anywhere in the world for up to a month a year - subject to restrictions in other countries)
- Flexible hybrid / remote working - We’re not a 9-5. No one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- NEST Pension
- Employee Referral scheme (refer someone to work with us and you'll be eligible for a £1k referral bonus - subject to conditions)
- Professional Development
- Monthly Social Events: company lunches, social nights/day events, escape rooms, bowling etc...
- PLATF9RM Membership Perks
🫂 Inclusion & Belonging
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We aim to inspire and support our talents and clients through open, honest discussions and clear actions.
💶 The Package
Attractive salary DOE. Profit is also shared from any leads you may bring to ASquared.