🏢 The Company
ASquared is a mobile app, web and digital platform specialist. We pioneer rapid innovation of sustainable, human-centric, digital futures for our partners, people and the planet.
You’ll join an open environment where you’ll have the chance to work across a truly great piece of business. You will own the day to day, ensure great work happens, always organised, always proactive, always bringing positive energy, always hungry to add value strategically and creatively and always with a resilient can-do attitude.
We adopt a lean, agile and commercially focused discovery, design and development method to help us deliver stunning React web and React Native mobile applications.
📶 The role
We’re looking for an experienced UX designer to come and design innovative and engaging solutions for a growing and diverse roster of clients, ranging from new start-ups to established corporations.
Each of our clients has an interesting challenge that can be solved through that wonderful mixture of user-centred design, cutting-edge technology and modern software development methodologies, and we’re looking for a UX designer who wants to lead projects and start them in the right way.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly-growing agency in the heart of Brighton. At ASquared you’ll get to work with an energetic and enthusiastic team where your solutions mindset can hit new heights. You’ll achieve personal and professional objectives through the use of a professional development framework, plus benefit from a bunch of perks including profit share and a wellbeing allowance.
👀 What you’ll bring
- You’ll have worked on a variety of experiences so far in your career, able to recombine and apply what you’ve learned in novel, fresh ways to your projects
- You have a demonstrable and trusted human-centred product design process that sees you owning the user experience, from discovery to release
- You’ll have experience working in Product, and ideally mobile applications
- You’re familiar with a variety of user interface patterns for mobile and web design
- You have a strong facilitation skill set that allows you to engage with clients and stakeholders in client-facing workshops
- You’re able to turn complex and nuanced user and business requirements into innovative and unique solutions for client projects of all shapes and sizes
- You’re comfortable running evaluative research (usability testing) sessions for existing products or experiences, and have experience in gaining insights through generative and primary user research
- You’re used to working in multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams of design, engineering and project management
- You love working to complex and challenging client briefs using a fast-paced agile approach
📲 What you’ll be doing
- Running client-facing discovery workshops to uncover and refine business and user needs, problem statements and user journey maps
- Conducting user and/or stakeholder interviews to form a solid understanding of the problem, working up in fidelity to viable, engaging solutions
- Creating high-level prototypes, wireframes or user flows to validate with stakeholders or end users
- Leading and championing the user experience of the projects you’re involved with, always maintaining the needs of the user balanced with the needs of the business
- Understanding and creating user journeys and ultimately creating user stories for designers and developers to work from
- Working closely with product designers and developers to create high-quality mobile or web solutions that are human-centric, high quality and delightful
- Working within cross-functional teams using an Agile development process
- 5+ years’ experience as a UX designer
- A demonstrable track record of a human-centric design approach, spanning discovery and requirements gathering to information architecture sketching and wireframing
- Experience designing for native mobile app experiences (iOS & Android)
- Excellent communication skills, where you can ‘keep it simple’ and make complicated details and problems understandable to a non-technical audience
- An ability to translate requirements into modern, accessible and delightful experiences for end users
- Experience working within multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Experience working in Figma or Sketch, and Adobe Suite
😎 The nice-to-haves
- Digital agency experience
- Familiarity or experience with UX writing, content strategy
- Experience creating or iterating on brand languages
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis experience
- Experience or familiarity with design system and a modular design process
- Experience with React (Web or Native)
🏠 Our office and remote working
This role is remote-friendly, within a 175-mile radius of Brighton.
“We don’t live to work, we work to live” - achieving a good work-life balance is a core company belief. You’ll experience this through our flexible working options (e.g. remote, core hours, hybrid) at our offices in Platf9rm AND our Digital Nomad perk which allows you to take a change of scenery and work from ANYWHERE in the world for up to a month each year.
There's terms to ensure it's safe, practical and legal, but nonetheless, life's for living, so join us and get your imagination out there!
💁 What’s in it for you?
At ASquared, you’ll have the opportunity to work at an incredible agency, join an inspiring team whilst getting to grow and shape your career with us. We offer a competitive salary and uncapped profit share based on lead referrals and project delivery, training, benefits and wellbeing perks too.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
- We are a Dog Friendly Office, so if you come into the office, please bring your pooch for a visit
- We do really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every month to spend on things that will improve their wellness like fitness classes, meditation apps and more.
- Holiday allowance that increases over time
- Extra Day off for your Birthday
- Christmas Shutdown (to be booked using holiday entitlement)
- Digital Nomad (work anywhere in the world for up to a month a year - subject to restrictions in other countries)
- Flexible hybrid / remote working - We’re not a 9-5. No one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- NEST Pension
- Employee Referral scheme (refer someone to work with us and you'll be eligible for a £1k referral bonus - subject to conditions)
- Professional Development
- Monthly Social Events: company lunches, social nights/day events, escape rooms, bowling etc...
- PLATF9RM Membership Perks
🫂 Inclusion & Belonging
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We aim to inspire and support our talents and clients through open, honest discussions and clear actions.
💶 The Package
Attractive salary DOE. Profit is also shared from any leads you may bring to ASquared.