Starting at £45k p.a. // Level 2.3
ASquared is a digital product agency in the heart of Brighton. We’re an agile team of creators, innovators and collaborators creating impactful digital products and services with startups, scaleups and enterprise organisations. We foster a collaborative and inclusive culture where creativity thrives, and every team member has a voice.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our thriving team in the centre of Brighton. You’ll play a pivotal role in driving amazing experiences across the digital products and services we create with our clients, using your experience and enthusiasm to bring ideas to life.
We’re always looking for fresh thinking and diverse, growth mindsets and we’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We aim to inspire and support our talents and clients through open, honest discussions and clear actions.
This is a hybrid role (Tuesdays & Fridays in the Brighton office).
Applicants must be located in and eligible to work in the UK. We can’t currently support or sponsor visa applications.
What you’ll bring
- You love translating complex requirements into modern, accessible and delightful experiences for users
- You’re no stranger to the collaborative product design process, spanning ideation and divergent thinking through to top-notch product design and incorporation of user & stakeholder feedback
- You might focus on mobile app design for both iOS and Android, but you’re no stranger to web & digital
- You understand the importance of interaction design, and use prototyping to communicate nuanced design decisions to stakeholders and colleagues
- You’re used to working in multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams of design, engineering and project management
What you’ll be doing
- Conceptualising, crafting and designing new products and experiences for clients in a myriad of sectors
- Supporting or leading kick off workshops (remote or face-to-face) to understand requirements, challenges, goals and more
- Working within cross-functional teams using an Agile development process to bring ideas to life
- Speaking directly to users through moderated user testing or interviews to champion user needs and a human-centred mindset
- Producing wireframes, concepts & prototypes to gain buy-in from clients and communicate your thinking
- Owning the interaction design, visual and user interface design of your projects
- Liaising with and presenting back to clients in playbacks and demos to create industry-leading experiences across mobile and web
What you’ll need
- 3-5+ years of product design experience
- A growth mindset, a self-starter and great communication skills
- A strong portfolio that defines your approach and problem-solving skills, ideally with some experience in designing native mobile apps (iOS & Android)
- Proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, colour, layout, iconography and a strong aesthetic sense
- Agile scrum experience, working in sprints, with backlogs and feature sets and use of project tracking tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Ability to translate requirements into modern, accessible and delightful experiences for end users
- Proficiency working in Figma
- Digital agency experience
- Experience planning, moderating or facilitating usability testing & interviews
- Experience or familiarity with design system and a modular design process
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end and the software development life cycle (HTML, CSS, JS)
What’s in it for you?
At ASquared, you’ll have the opportunity to work at an incredible, ambitious and humble agency and join an inspiring team. We offer a competitive salary, training, benefits and other well-being perks including 25 days' holiday and much more.
We pride ourselves on a values-led working environment that encourages putting people first with honesty, curiosity and supported by leadership.
Plus you’ll work towards a design-specific career development framework, meaning you can grow and shape your career with us as you take on new challenges and directions.
We don’t live to work, we work to live. Achieving a good work-life balance is a core company belief. You’ll experience this through our flexible working options (e.g. core hours, hybrid) at our offices in Platf9rm AND our Digital Nomad perk. This allows you to take a change of scenery and work from ANYWHERE in the world for up to a month each year. There are terms to ensure it's safe, practical and legal, but life's for living, so join us and get your imagination out there!
We are a Dog-Friendly Office, so if you come into the office, please bring your pooch for a visit.
- We do really care about our team’s well-being, so we give everyone a wellness allowance of £20 per month to spend on things that will improve their wellness like fitness classes, meditation apps and more.
- Access to Counselling with Spill - our virtual mental health provider
- Flexible hybrid working - We’re not a 9-5. No one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work.
- Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- Holiday allowance that increases over time
- Extra Day off for your Birthday
- Christmas Shutdown (to be booked using holiday entitlement)
- Digital Nomad (work anywhere in the world for up to a month a year - subject to restrictions in other countries)
- Enhanced Digital Nomad policy after 3 years of service: Up to £2k for costs directly incurred as a result of working as a Digital Nomad, towards additional or further travel costs (flights, accommodation, car hire, mobile phone usage)
- Employee Referral scheme (refer someone to work with us and you'll be eligible for a £1k referral bonus - subject to conditions)
- GCI (Green Commute Initiative) Bike Scheme
- Professional Development including up to 4 hours per week of paid volunteering with the Matchable volunteering service (prorated for part-timers)
- Monthly Social Events: company lunches, social nights/day events, escape rooms, bowling etc...
- PLATF9RM Membership Perks
ASquared is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. ASquared believes that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our success as a company and is an asset to the communities we serve.
Starting from £45k basic salary (DOE) plus Profit Share based on lead referrals and project delivery.